Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympic Inspiration


It's official - I am already obsessed with the Olympics. For the next few weeks I will be a huge fan of whatever sport happens to be on in prime time:



Syncronized diving? Yes, Please!



Gymnastics? Love it!



Water Polo? Bring it on!



Combine that with our family trip to Scotland earlier this summer, and I am definitely feeling inspired to bake some Brittish treats.

First up, two different kinds of scones. See that cute little tin in the picture? It's full of 4 little pastry cutters that I bought in Scotland. I was pretty excited to get a chance to use them!


Here is the (super easy) recipe.


I like it because you can add in whatever sort of filling you want. This time, I used cinnamon chips for one batch (always a classic). For the other batch, I threw in white chocolate chips and craisins. Both turned out great!



Now go grab a scone and a cup of tea, and settle in for some great Olympic watching!


No comments: