Thursday, February 28, 2013

Robots!

I absolutely love these robot cakepops that my sister and I made for my nephews 1st birthday. They might have taken FOREVER to make, but I'm pretty sure it was worth it!


I think most of the reason they took so long is because of all of the details we added. They eyes are candy necklace pieces and the mouths are pieces of fruit leather. The little dots are those candy buttons - the kind that are stuck to paper and when you peel them off you always end up eating some paper with the candy! The collar at the bottom is a life saver. All that had to be put on after rolling the cake into squares and dipping it in the gray candy melts.

Good thing they turned out so cute (if I do say so myself). And I love how they looked at the party with the Little Buddy's cake in between.


And, check out the baby robot right in front - his blue eyes look so huge on his face. I think he might be my favorite!

No comments: