Saturday, February 19, 2011

Even More Whoopies!

Whoopies of the Week: S'mores Whoopie Pies

My roommate said these were the best ones yet, and I think she's probably right! This idea also came from my new favorite whoopie pie book (find it here).

You start with a graham cracker pie. The secret is to use graham flour, which I didn't even know existed until I looked at this recipe. It's funny, because the pie part actually did taste a little bit like a graham cracker. They even kind of look like (round) graham crackers, too!

Then you make the frostings - 2 kinds - marshmallow and chocolate ganache. 

Another first: I never knew how to make ganache before this baking adventure. Turns out it's super easy - just heat up 1/2 a cup of whipping cream on the stove, then pour it over a whole bag of chocolate chips. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then mix until it's smooth.  

Get it?
Graham cracker (pies) + marshmallow (frosting) + chocolate (ganache) = S'mores!

Now that we've got all of our ingredients assembled, it's time for the fun part of putting the whoopies together (and then eating them)! Here goes...









Delicious!

No comments: