Sunday, April 17, 2011

The One With Nut-Butter Cookies

I came across this recipe from Gluten-Free Girl for super easy peanut butter cookies. Seriously, with only 4 ingredients, what could be easier? And they are gluten-free, but also SUPER tasty (for those of you who are gluten-free)!

To start, gather up the ingredients:

OR


1 c. Nut Butter: I used Peanut Butter for one batch, Cashew Butter for the other
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg

Step 1: Mix the sugar and nut butter together. I used a wooden spoon instead of the mixer.

Step 2: Mix in the baking powder.

Step 3: Mix in the egg.

Step 4: Roll the dough into little balls and put them on the cookie sheet. The dough will be super sticky! I rolled into balls, then used a fork to smoosh them down and make the lines on the top. Then I sprinkled some sugar on top of each one.


Step 5: Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are firm, but the middle is still a little soft. Place them on a wire rack to cool.


They are delicious just like this, but if you (like me) love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, they are even better with a little bit of chocolate frosting drizzled on top! I just mixed a little bit of butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and a lot of fair trade baking cocoa until I had a good consistency and taste.


Step 6: Enjoy your tasty cookies - yum!




3 comments:

Aimee said...

And they tasted DELICIOUS! Especially with that frosting.

Mandy said...

how did the cashew ones turn out? I would love to try it, but don't like cashew butter on its own...

Allison said...

Mandy, the cashew butter ones were delish! I didn't like the cashew butter on its own either, that's why I decided to make it into the cookies. But I think I liked the cashew ones better than the peanut butter ones!