Thursday, December 9, 2010

The One with No Baking

These don't actually have much to do with baking, but they are just too cute, so I decided to share...

First, my snowman for the bulletin board at work. The secretaries passed one out to everyone, then we were supposed to decorate them. I thought ok, just get out the magic markers - draw a hat, scarf, whatever. But then, the other snowmen started to go up and I started to get stressed out because they were SO creative. So my mom (thanks, mom!) kind of took over creating my snowman (I know, I'm like the kid who's mom does their homework), and sewed her a little apron so that she could be a snowbaker! Look how cute she turned out...
Also school related, we have been learning about the Polar Regions (penguins, polar bears, snow, etc...). The other day, I got desperate and decided to bribe the kids with a polar bear art project. So then I actually had to find a polar bear art project! I looked around and found a cute idea where you cover a picture of a polar bear with coconut to look like the fur. I think they turned out super cute, plus now my classroom smells good! Next step is to cut them out and write some polar bear facts (did you know that they don't have eyelashes?), then stick them up on our winter wonderland bulletin board! Cute, right?

Now this last one has absolutely nothing to do with baking (at least the coconut project has a baking ingredient involved), but it's too cute not to share. Every year at Christmas, my mom, sister, aunt, and I help with a Christmas store for the Community Outreach Center in Carol Stream. We collect money and then get to go on a HUGE shopping spree to buy tons of toys for the kids. It's so fun spending someone else's money on all kinds of fun stuff. This year we filled 7 shopping carts, overflowing with clothes, books, games, dolls, and toys. And our favorite, this sweet bird bean bag chair...
I promise next time, there will be more baking involved...Stay tuned for my family's favorite Christmas treats...

No comments: