Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Frozen yogurt

One of my latest obsessions is frozen yogurt. I am loving those places, like Red Mango, that have the plain/tart yogurt and let you top it with whatever you want. So when I saw this picture...


...along with a recipe to make your own frozen yogurt, I knew I wanted to try it. (FYI, I think they are comparing the frozen yogurt to actual ice cream with the 'save 711 calories' business).

It seemed pretty easy -Step 1: freeze some vanilla greek yogurt (1 container) and banana slices (1 banana) in an ice cube tray.


Step 2: Blend the yogurt and bananas, along with a little bit of peanut butter (2 Tbsp.) and mini chocolate chips (as many as you want!), in a food processor or blender.


This is where it suddenly became not so easy. Turns out my tiny little food processor wasn't quite up to the job of breaking down solid cubes of yogurt. It was just too frozen. So I had the brilliant (?) idea of putting the top part of the blender in the oven, turned on super low. I figured this would help soften it enough to blend.


It worked pretty well, so I added in the peanut butter and chocolate chips and mixed it all together.


Then I scooped it into little bowls and ate it up! At first I didn't love it, but the more I ate, the more I liked it...Good thing it only made a little bit!

No comments: