Thursday, October 18, 2012

More Cookies for the College Kids

Remember all those cookies we made for the college kids?
And that messy kitchen after we made all those cookies for the college kids?

Apparently someone has been giving those cookies to people who aren't college kids.
Apparently someone (who is not a college kid) has been eating those cookie.
Apparently there are 3 more college kids who need packages.
Apparently there are no cookies left.
Apparently I am the one who needed to bake more.

Good thing I did, because I found (on Pinterest, of course) the most delicious oatmeal cookie recipe.
It might be the most delicious because it has a cup of butter, a cup of brown sugar, and a cup of white sugar. Hmmm... Here's the original recipe if you want to check it out.

I made one batch of oatmeal chocolate chip and it turned out great. In my second batch, I added white chocolate chips and craisins along with a little shake of cinnamon. They turned out good, too, but if I could only pick one, I would go with the chocolate chip.


Watch out, though, because the original blogger of this recipe says that you will get fat if you make these cookies because you will want to eat them all. True story. I had to (yes, had to) eat quite a bit of the dough. Then I had to (yes, had to) taste the cookies once they came out of the over. Then I had to (yes, had to) put the rest in the freezer so I wouldn't eat the entire batch!


You have been warned: Don't make them if you don't want to get fat!

1 comment:

sue said...

Thanks Allison. They were delicious and I know the college kids will love them (if there are any left to send them)