Monday, March 7, 2011

Mmmm...Banana Bread Muffins

Just look at these super cute muffin papers I got for Christmas from my sister:


I've been waiting for a chance to use them, so when my mom found this new banana muffin recipe, I thought they would be perfect! (You can find the original recipe here.)

You will need:
  • 2 c. flour - I used whole wheat white flour
  • 1 c. brown sugar, lightly packed
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. oil - I used regular vegetable oil
  • 4 large, very ripe bananas
  • 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
  • sanding sugar or sugar in the raw for sprinkling - I forgot to add this, and they still turned out yummy!
The recipe is pretty simple:
  1. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
  2. Stir in the oil until combined. The batter will be very dry and crumbly. Make sure to mix it all the way together.
  3. Mash the bananas in a bowl (I just used a fork to mash them). Add them along with the chocolate chips to the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
  4. Fill the muffin papers almost to the top and sprinkle with the sugar (if you don't forget).
  5. Bake for about 22 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn the pan once during baking.
*I got a little nervous about filling the papers almost all the way up to the top. Lots of times I end up filling them too full and the muffins or cupcakes explode out of the top. But I filled them pretty full, crossed my fingers, and popped them in the oven.


Turns out there was no need to be nervous, they did not explode, but came out just about perfect!


FYI, I think this might be my new go-to banana bread recipe.
They were that good!

No comments: