Friday, March 4, 2011

The One With Even More Whoopies!

Whoopies of the Week: Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Whoopie Pies

I read somewhere recently that whoopie pies might be the new cupcake, so I guess I'd better keep making 'em!

Again, my recipe (for the pies and the frosting) came from Whoopie Pies : Dozens of Mix 'em, Match 'em, Eat 'em Up Recipes.

These AMAZING oreo banana pancakes from The Bongo Room inspired me to put the banana pies with chocolate frosting.


Then I added Nutella as the secret ingredient.


Step One: Make the Whoopies

Gather up all of the ingredients. Mix together the dry, then the wet. Then mix them both together and bake them up into pies.


Step Two: Make the Frosting

(Oops, no pictures, but you can imagine - just mix the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and cocoa powder together).

Step Three: Put It All Together

The pies came out a little misshapen. They weren't all the same size, so it was a little bit of a challenge to find 2 pies that were about the same size to put together.


Once you find 2 matching pies, the rest is easy. Just put some chocolate frosting on one side, some Nutella on the other, and smoosh the 2 pies together.


These were so good! It was like a combination of crepes and banana bread, plus chocolate frosting. Hmm...that description might sound a little strange, but trust me, they were delicious!

No comments: