Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July Baking: Oreo Pudding Cups

My second 4th of July dessert is a super easy no-bake Oreo dessert. We call it "Roger's Dessert" because my aunt's friend (named Roger) introduced us to it.


Here's the simple recipe (then I'll tell you how I tweaked it to make the pudding cups)


For the pudding cups, cross out butter from your list of ingredients. All you need for the crust is:


Don't follow steps 1 and 2 in the recipe. Instead of crushing all of the oreos together in a bowl, follow these easy steps...

1. Place muffin papers in 2 1/2 muffin tins (about 30 cups). Then put 1 whole oreo in each muffin cup.



2. Get out your meat tenderizer (or other appropriate crushing tool) and mash each oreo into a few pieces. They don't have to be super small, just make sure it breaks apart.



When your crust is ready, gather up your ingredients to make the filling.


While I was making this dessert, I realized that I have been making it wrong all this time, because instead of layering the pudding mixture with the cool whip on top, I just mix it all in together. So in the recipe, in step 3, add the cool whip in too. It makes it easier, and tastes great!

The last step is super easy - just spoon some of the filling into each pudding cup. Sprinkle the top of each one with some leftover oreo crumbs. Arrange on a pretty plate, and enjoy!



No comments: