Monday, August 8, 2011

Bakery Buzz: Flirty Cupcakes Food Truck

I'm kind of obsessed with Food Trucks right now. You know, the ones that drive around like the ice cream man, only instead of ice cream and an annoying song, they sell delicious food. I've been following all of the downtown Chicago trucks on twitter and trying to scheme a way to get some food truck food. I even put it on my list of summer goals: Eat from a food truck.

So imagine my delight when I read this tweet: Flirty Cupcakes now at the Schaumburg train station! Apparently this truck comes out to the suburbs on weekends. And Schaumburg - so close to me! Summer goal: About to be accomplished!


I convinced my mom to come on this adventure with me, so we hopped in the car in search of the cupcake truck. We got to the train station only to find out that the truck had pretty much been kicked out of the parking lot by the train station workers. Luckily the driver hadn't left yet, and she was nice (and sneaky) enough to drive around behind some trees and open up the side of the van so we could accomplish our mission. So even though we didn't quite get the full food truck experience, we still managed to get some tasty treats!


There were LOTS of different flavors to choose from, so we got 3 kinds: chocolate peanut butter, chocolate cheesecake, and banana chocolate chip. Hmm...do we like chocolate a little bit?



Yum! If you are also obsessed with food trucks, or you just love cupcakes, track down this truck! You will not be sorry, and will probably end up with a fun food truck adventure to share.

Follow on Twitter: @FlirtyCupcakes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love the Cupcake Food Truck! -Sue