Monday, August 1, 2011

Bakery Buzz: Sugar Fixe Patisserie

I've been visiting lots of bakeries lately...call it research?...and I decided to share some of my favorites here, with some "Bakery Buzz". That way you all can go check them out too! So here's the first one...
----------------------------------------------------------

I was in Oak Park the other day, just wandering around, and I stumbled upon the Sugar Fixe Patisserie. How could I resist these striped awnings and cute outdoor tables?


Inside I found a display counter filled with all kinds of delicious treats, including cupcakes, macarons, quiches, and tarts. There were only 3 kinds of cupcakes (chocolate, lemon, or vanilla) but plenty of other goodies to choose from. While I was there, I heard about a hazelnut tart that I would definitely look for next time.


I was greeted by a cheerful woman behind the counter, who recommended the chocolate cupcake and the limonta sparkling soda. Both were delicious and perfect for the blazing hot summer day!


Go check them out next time you're in Oak Park!

Sugar Fixe Patisserie
119 N Marion Street
Oak Park, IL 60302

No comments: