Monday, August 29, 2011

Cookie Dough Brownies

A while back, I found these AMAZING-looking brownies on pinterest (my latest obsession)...


Brownies layered with Cookie Dough topped with Chocolate = YUM.
(You can find the original recipe here.)

There are 3 steps to make these tasty treats...

1. Bake some brownies. They can be from a mix, or made from scratch. I used the recipe from the original post, and they were so yummy! Here's the recipe, in case you don't want to go looking for it:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1-1/3 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
Cream butter and sugar together.  Add eggs and blend well.  Add vanilla, salt, cocoa, and flour.  Don't over-beat.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until done.  Cool completely.
 

2. Make some cookie dough and spread it over the brownies. To be safe, use this recipe without eggs:



3. Melt about 2 cups of chocolate chips and pour it over the cookie dough. Let the chocolate harden before cutting into your brownies, then enjoy!


Be warned: When I made these for my friends, I got a lot of comments about how sweet they are, so be sure to cut them into small pieces. Unless, like me, you could eat a whole pan of sweet goodness...in that case, cut them nice and big!

No comments: